Waiting is never easy. This time of the year, with children in the house, we see the excitement and anticipation that comes with the Christmas tree, and presents. It can be so hard to wait! We see throughout history how God’s people have struggled with waiting upon the Lord – some get weary and forget God’s promises. Others get angry, and mock God’s promises. Others grow in patience and wait in obedience upon the Lord. Which will you model for your children or grandchildren as we wait upon the Lord and His return?
Here are some announcements to keep in mind:
- JAM activities begin at 6:45. The K-5 and Mom’s of Grace will be meeting together for Christmas Crafts and fun in the basement. The MYF and Women of Grace will be holding their Christmas Parties as well.
- Tomorrow is Mennonite Women at 9:30! Women of all ages are invited to gather for fellowship, knotting comforters, quilting and putting together items to be sent to MCC. Bring a dish to share at the noon meal.
- Starting in January there will be a new Parenting Bible Study led by Jayne Eby and Michael Dean. It’s a video based series by Tony Evans entitled Raising Kingdom Kids. Couples and individuals are encouraged to sign up in the Narthex or by emailing Pastor Michael. The study will take place on JAM Evenings in January and February.
- East Bend now has it’s own App – if you have an iPhone or Android smartphone you can download it for free from your app store. Just type in East Bend Mennonite Church into the search.
- Remember – you can give to East Bend using the “Give Online” button at the top of the page or by texting “ebmc” to 77977 to download the PushPay app on your smart phone. It’s quick, secure, and you can do it anytime.
Part of waiting upon the Lord is making sure we are making Him Lord of our every day lives! He requires a yieldedness that is reflected in every aspect of our living – from relationships, to time, to hobbies, to generosity! We must not grow weary in the wait, but instead, more determined and steadfast! Paul admonishes us in Galatians 6:9-10, “Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.” (Galatians 6:9–10, NASB95)
From Fear to Faithfulness,